Our data science consulting services, corporate training services, and research lab are growing rapidly and we are looking to expand our team by hiring a few Data Science Interns. The intern position is a part-time, remote contract position. You would get to choose your weekly commitment (10 hours per week or 20 hours per week) as well as the duration of your internship (3 months or 6 months).
As a Data Science Intern at District Data Labs, you would be working on research and development projects involving statistical analysis, machine learning, natural language processing, graph analytics, and data visualization.
Some of the things you would be assisting with would include:
- Performing quantitative research, including acquisition of domain knowledge, determination of important research questions, technical writing, and presentation.
- Intuitively framing problems and determine the appropriate analytical approaches to solve them.
- Assisting with data collection, ingestion, and wrangling.
- Conducting exploratory analysis to extract insights and uncover important groups, trends, and relationships in data.
- Developing functional prototypes of data products incorporating analytics, visualization, machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analytics.
- Drafting content related to the topics you are researching and the projects you are working on including reports, blog posts, and proposals.
- Communicating and coordinating effectively with project managers, software engineers, and other team members.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position would possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as:
- Hard or Soft Sciences
- Demonstrated proficiency in several of the following:
- Python programming
- Probability & Statistics (Descriptive and Inferential Statistics, Bayesian Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Time Series)
- Databases (Relational, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc.)
- Machine Learning (Regression, Classification, Clustering, Neural Networks)
- Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics
- Graph/Network Analytics
- Big Data (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc.)
- Data Visualization (D3, Seaborn, Bokeh, Matplotlib, Yellowbrick, ggplot, etc.)
- Proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume ownership of tasks, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
About District DAta Labs
District Data Labs is a data science consulting and corporate training firm. Through our corporate training and consulting services, we help companies make their operations more data-driven and enhance the analytical capabilities of their workforce. In addition to our commercial activities, we also operate a data science research lab and open source collaborative where people from diverse backgrounds come together to work on interesting projects, push themselves beyond their current capabilities, and help each other become more successful data scientists.
Apply for This Position
Please fill out the application form below and we will get back to you soon.