Our data science consulting services are growing rapidly, and we are looking to expand our team of both full-time and part-time contract data scientists. As a Data Scientist at District Data Labs, you would be working either on-site at a client’s location or remotely on projects involving statistical analysis, machine learning, natural language processing, graph analytics, and data visualization. You would have the flexibility to determine which consulting assignments you would want to accept. Some assignments would require travel - either regionally, nationally, or internationally.
As a Data Scientist at District Data Labs, you would:
- Perform quantitative research, including acquisition of domain knowledge, determination of important research questions, technical writing, and presentation.
- Intuitively frame problems and determine the appropriate analytical approaches to solve them.
- Assist with data discovery, collection, ingestion, and wrangling.
- Conduct exploratory analysis to extract insights and determine appropriate downstream techniques that should be applied to accomplish objectives.
- Perform statistical analyses to uncover important groups, trends, and relationships in data.
- Build, evaluate, and deploy supervised and unsupervised machine learning models on both structured and unstructured data.
- Leverage graph analytics to identify and model the existence, type, and strength of entity relationships within data sets.
- Visualize and report findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately communicate insights.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and software engineers to integrate statistical analyses and models into production software systems.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with project managers, software engineers, and other team members.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position would possess:
- At least 4 years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role.
- Masters Degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as:
- Hard or Soft Sciences
- Demonstrated proficiency in several of the following:
- Python programming
- R programming
- Probability & Statistics (Descriptive and Inferential Statistics, Bayesian Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Time Series)
- Databases (Relational, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc.)
- Machine Learning (Regression, Classification, Clustering, Neural Networks)
- Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics
- Graph/Network Analytics
- Data Engineering (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc.)
- Data Visualization (D3, Seaborn, Bokeh, Matplotlib, Yellowbrick, ggplot, etc.)
- Proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assume ownership of tasks, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
About District DAta Labs
District Data Labs is a data science research and consulting firm. Through our corporate training and consulting services, we help companies make their operations more data-driven and enhance the analytical capabilities of their workforce. In addition to our commercial activities, we also operate a data science open source collaborative where people from diverse backgrounds come together to work on interesting projects, push themselves beyond their current capabilities, and help each other become more successful data scientists.
Apply for This Position
Please fill out the application form below and we will get back to you soon.