Our corporate training services are growing rapidly, and we are looking to expand our team of part-time contract data science instructors. As a District Data Labs instructor, you would be teaching either on-site at a client’s location or in one of our training centers around the DC metropolitan area. You would have the flexibility of determining which assignments you would want to accept. Some assignments would require travel - either regionally, nationally, or internationally.
As a District Data Labs Instructor, you would:
- Develop content and plan curriculum for courses in the subjects requested by corporate clients.
- Deliver instruction in a professional setting including teaching and advising.
- Provide students with prompt and meaningful feedback on their progress.
- Collaborate with staff in order to meet the needs and learning styles of students.
- Guide students through the development of real-world projects that showcase what they have learned.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom environment.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding curriculum, ensuring courses remain relevant and effective.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position would possess:
- Industry experience in a data science or software engineering role.
- Masters Degree or PhD in a quantitative discipline such as:
- Strong understanding of several of the following:
- Python programming
- R programming
- Probability & Statistics (Descriptive and Inferential Statistics, Bayesian Methods, Hypothesis Testing, Time Series)
- Databases (Relational, NoSQL, Graph Databases, etc.)
- Machine Learning (Regression, Classification, Clustering, Neural Networks)
- Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics
- Graph/Network Analytics
- Data Engineering (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc.)
- Data Visualization (D3, Seaborn, Bokeh, Matplotlib, Yellowbrick, ggplot, etc.)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Previous data science or engineering teaching experience preferred.
About District DAta Labs
District Data Labs is a data science research and consulting firm. Through our corporate training and consulting services, we help companies make their operations more data-driven and enhance the analytical capabilities of their workforce. In addition to our commercial activities, we also operate a data science open source collaborative where people from diverse backgrounds come together to work on interesting projects, push themselves beyond their current capabilities, and help each other become more successful data scientists.
Apply for This Position
Please fill out the application form below and we will get back to you soon.